Quest to be the best


Quest to be the best
Quest to be the best 

“Not trying to be the best amongst 8 billion people. Trying to be the best amongst myself.”

Two years ago if I started a project and made the slightest of the mistake, or when I looked at the finished work and it didn’t satisfy my itch for perfectionism. I redid it all over again. All the hard work and time invested in nothing. 


When I started writing I knew that my first blog compared to my seventy-sixth blog would be unstructured, incomprehensible, and wouldn’t connect with people. I knew I couldn’t reach the excellency that my seventy-sixth blog would possess only with my first one. But me being me, I always wanted to be the best. And I definitely wasn’t. But I knew how I could get better. So I started writing. And yes, it hurts to read and not be pleased with your work. I have written countless pieces, many of which are laying in some dark corner of my computer and phone. Only because I wasn’t content.


I know I couldn’t possibly have all the right words to say what I want to. But sometimes you need to look beyond the face value and read between the lines. I try my best to give structure to my thoughts, but if I try too hard, I’ll lose my thoughts. The only way to keep them is to have them continuously flowing. 


I go back and re-edit my blogs whenever I can. To have the best of the very best. It’s been a while since I started. I’m not at the place I want to be. But I’m definitely trying to get there. Not trying to be the best amongst 8 billion people. Trying to be the best amongst myself. 


You’ll always be a step ahead, even if it’s a small step, if you give it a shot. Than you would’ve been if you didn’t start at all. 


You don’t have to scream out to the world that you are starting something. Could be ridiculous to some. Could be ridiculous to everyone. But should make sense to you. It’s important to start. To do something that makes you happy or who’s result would make you happy. Just start. 


 

Comments

POPULAR POSTS