20 Things In 2020

20 Things In 2020
2020, I had all, and then most of you, some and now, none of you.

2020 has been an absurd out of the blue year for all of us. That we all got to experience collectively and dare I say, we are still in the process of connecting the dots and comprehending. Everyone says 2020 sucked, well I'd say it deep-throated, but it doesn't take away the fact that it was a rollercoaster ride.

Here are 20 things that 2020 taught me, made me experience, challenged me in ways, and made me realize while living this year.


1. Falling in love not only with myself but with others too, finally I can give and receive love without feeling inadequate.

2. Letting go of what isn't there anymore, making peace with the past, cherishing it without being stuck and moving forward.

3. I am not special coming to terms that I am like one of the many in the grand scheme of things, yet something substantial in lives of my close ones. 

4. Not avoiding tough conversations both with myself and with people around me. 

5. Negotiating with people, getting them to see my point and come to a consensus that benefits me.

6. Value of friendship one of those relationships that are not blood related but form a concrete foundation for a heathy life.

7. Losing old toxic friends making a heartbreaking decision to cut ties with toxic people who I shared a close relation with was the most confronting things in 2020.

8. Cooking honestly I'm not a fan of cooking but the satisfaction of eating something made by yourself is unsurmountable. 

9. Taking the reins of life and holding myself accountable for what happens in my life. Not anyone else. Going out of my way to have the things I value and wish for, instead of waiting for life to give it to me.

10. Having someone whose happiness matter more than yours. Seeing them smile makes your day complete.

11. Writing is my catharsis. A living record of things I have felt, the thoughts I have had. Something that is immortalized. 

12. Not overthinking about things that have happened or the things that will happen. Overthinking impairs me to enjoy the present. Taking one day at a time!

13. Value of materialist goods is genuinely nothing compared to feeling and experiencing the intangibles in life.

14. Saving money takes a lot of commitment, self-control, and persistence. If you'd save up on the little things, you'd realise how significant it can be later. 

15. Trusting life is unfair to everyone, not just me. I will have as many good days as bad, and that is completely alright.

16. Listening, I have become a more active listener. Respecting and hearing out what the other person has to say without being interruptive.

17. Sleep is important nothing to brag about pulling an all nighter for a week. Sleep is a necessity, not an option. 

18. Saying no without feeling guilty, apologising, and upholding my values and principles. 

19. Time is funky things take time, sometimes sooner than you expect, sometimes later. Patience will be fruitful. But know when to stop. 

20. Having no expectations as we enter the new year, I keep no wants or needs or wishes of how the year should turn out. My mind is tabula rasa. Waiting for life to surprise me!

A very merry, happy new year to you. 2021 will be an amazing one, only if you let it be❤️

Comments

Post a Comment

POPULAR POSTS