For Fish Nuggs


It hasn't been too long. Feels like just yesterday I would walk onto the balcony. And trace my fingers on the cold glass of your home. I wasn't ever an animal person, I still don't think I am. But I think I am a fish person, definitely. No, not like that I would consume fish. I know your name is a tad bit misleading but the naming ceremony was done at 3:24 in the morning so not much inspiration to derive your name from.

I don't recall the time we got you, I'd say it's been a long time. About 7-8 years easily. I never saw you as something of value. And when one day when you were probably waiting to be fed I just happen to be there tempting you with my finger. Like, a little child teasing and playing with you. You clearly just wanted food. But in the house, the excitement you showed after seeing me was unparallel. I started liking you for the soul reason because you were happy seeing me. Sounds superficial, but sometimes when superficials aren't met they become deep-rooted issues. 

Anyhow, I had the first few amazing months of 2020 with you. You were a source of joy and delight that I had overlooked throughout the years. And I was so glad to discover it in time. You left me about a year ago. 19th of April 2020. Not a fun day. But I'm relieved to know that I did have amazing memories of you and me together. I felt an irreversible sense of lost for the very first time. It is genuinely a giddy feeling. To come to terms that I can never see you flapping your delicate but strong fins in that tank of yours.

Always my numero uno fish. My fish nuggs ❤️

Comments

POPULAR POSTS