What Blogging for Over a Year taught me about life


Blogging
What Blogging for Over a Year has taught me about life



I started blogging back in 2018 and deleted it soon after in a fit of rage. I started this blog that you are currently on is now just over a year old. In 2019 minutes before the end of my birthday, I did something spontaneous of restarting my blogging from a fresh start. 

Over the course of a year and a few days I have learnt some invaluable lessons that blogging taught me not about writing but about living life. 

1. Doing something worthwhile. This blog surely isn't the most worthwhile thing in the world, but it helps me to channel my thoughts and ideas in a way that I can record them and revisit them with passaging time. It is definitely a better alternative than watching YouTube videos mindlessly or scrolling through Instagram. It is like any hobby like painting, dancing or playing an instrument all the things that I am not so great at. 

2. Getting myself out there. I am a private person. I don't like people knowing about my life other than the ones I am exceptionally close to. But there are certain things that if I could let out in the open, if people would know about these ideas, it would make them think. And in turn would make me think about my ideas when people would counter question. It is one of the greatest way to build multiple perspectives. 

3. Not being ashamed of who I am. At first I was apprehensive of being associated with my blog. I wanted to be anonymous, to write freely without a name or a face. Not letting people know who I was. And then one day I felt as if it would make so much more sense if I associated it with me. My thoughts and ideas would have an authentic source that is known. It would also make it easier for people to see my point of view.


I don't ask you guys to do anything, but it would be great if you on my one year of blogging could kindly comment on things, issues and subjects that you would like me to write on. Also, if you feel extra generous, you can always share it with your like-minded friends and family and subscribe too!  (enough plug in) 


Comments

POPULAR POSTS